Your portfolio is your summary of all the coding work you've done. The goal of the portfolio (similar to a resume) is to impress prospective employers, ideally within 5 seconds of them looking at the page, such that they are willing to dig deeper into your projects and code and/or invite you for an interview.
- 1.Who are you?
- 2.Why did you choose to be a software engineer?
- 1.Note: You are already a software engineer, not an "aspiring" software engineer
- 3.What are you looking for in your next job?
- 1.Compile screenshots or GIFs of projects
- 2.Embed demo video from YouTube
- 3.Link project website. Ensure it works, and install HTTPS if possible!
- 4.Link project GitHub. Remove commented-out code, clarify variable names, add comments where helpful, and create helper functions where certain logic may be too long, complex, or repetitive.
- 5.List technologies
- 6.(Optional) What did you learn from this project?
- 7.(Optional) What was most challenging about this project and how did you overcome it?